Monday, December 14, 2015

Review: The One by Kiera Cass

 Title: The One (The Selection #3)
Author: Kiera Cass
Source: Purchased


Synopsis:

The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.




Review:



 

The One is the third book in The Selection series by Kiera Cass. Knowing this is the last in America's story makes me sad. I just have to say, the cover is stunning. It ranks very high on my favorite covers list. Not that I actually have a list. But, you know...if I did...it would be toward the top.

Maxon and America were both stubborn in the fact that they refused to admit their feelings to each other. Because of that, I don't think they got as close as they could have been. There was a little bit of passion missing from these two. I felt like there was more action/adventure in this story than romance.

And what was the deal with Aspen?!?! That came out of left field. Another thing that bothered me was the fact that during this book, America suddenly didn't love Aspen. In the first 2 books, she couldn't choose between Aspen and Maxon and then suddenly in this last book she doesn't have those sort of feelings for Aspen anymore. That made things a little too convenient for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the fact that America wasn't kissing two different guys in this book. She had her mind made up. I just would have liked it to have been more gradual.

This book had some surprisingly sad parts. Despite my frustration with a few things, I really did like this book (and the series)! I was sad to see it end. It ended a little too quickly for me. I wanted to know more. A lot more. Luckily, I just bought Happily Ever After and it has a bonus epilogue in it. Hopefully that will satisfy my need to know more. Overall, this is a great young adult romance and I will be keeping these books to give to my daughter when she gets older. 


Add to Goodreads


Visit the author:


Find this book at the following places:

No comments:

Post a Comment